MOT Testing, Deptford
The Test Centre is one of the largest MOT Testing stations in England.
About the MOT Test
It's a funny old thing - the MOT. It's probably the most misunderstood area of the garage trade. When completed properly it can be a valid and worthwhile safety test, to a point, although often it is devalued and discounted. I can never work out why some garages are so quick to give heavy discounts, especially given the large costs to install an MOT testing bay.
You have to ask yourself; How can Fred In A Shed Garage Co. make a living charging £25.00 for an M.O.T? Given that the garage has to recover the cost of owning an MOT bay, the only way to make profit on discount MOTs is to cut corners or carry out unnecessary repairs- "and that ain't good".
Remember - the MOT Test is primarily a safety test designed to protect you and your family.
How to book
Book your MOT online with our online booking system.
Even completed properly, there are a few points worth bearing in mind:
- The mot test is a snapshot of your vehicles condition on that day. As an mot tester you can't look at a component and fail it just because you think it may fail six months down the road.
- Nothing is stripped down on the mot. For example, a tester can't take your wheels off to check your brakes - if you can't see it, you can't test it. Strangely the tester has to take off your fuel cap to check the seal, but is not allowed to take off the brake fluid reservoir cap to check the brake fluid level - great eh?
- Just because its passed an MOT it doesn't make it legal! Take tinted windows for example, If you front door windows are tinted it wont fail an mot, but a keen policeman would see things differently. The police work to a different set of regulations (construction and use blended with a few old wives tails quite often :-))
- The mot is not a replacement for a service. An mot is just a visual check - no adjustments, no stripping, no cleaning.
What we do:
We have a motorbike testing lane for classes I & II, testing lanes for class IV (Cars & Light vans), and lanes for classes V and VII (Minibuses and 3000kg - 3500kg Goods Vehicles). We also have several qualified testers aiming to deal with our customers quickly and efficiently. The Test Centre deals with all vehicles, motorbikes and vans weighing up to 3000 Kg.
The Test Centre now only provide M.O.T testing to our customers - we no longer undertake servicing and repairs. This ensures that you, the customer, get an unbiased and fair M.O.T test.
The only non-MOT service we operate is the air conditioning re-gas on all vehicles post- 1992.
Check your MOT Status
- Light Vans
- Private Passenger Vehicles
- 3,000kg to 3,500kg Goods Vehicles